Search engine rank is still the number one source of traffic targeted by most websites globally. Most users give value to organic results on search ranks better than other sources.
Paid search, emails or social media can send traffic to your website but still they are accumulatively not bigger than organic results.
Most potential buyers visit your site recommended by Google, not anything else. Naturally, small businesses have to focus on their SEO strategy for organic traffic.
Their survival and growth depend on it.
Search engine rank is still the number one source of traffic targeted by most websites globally. Let us introduce below 8 highly effective SEO strategies for small business.
1. Make a Thorough Audit of Your Website
Yes, before doing anything else you should know where you can develop and what your website lacks.
There is an array of benefits for auditing your website, particularly in respect of SEO. Let us offer below a few of them.
- Look at the basic SEO attributes like meta data, deep linking, alt texts for images, keyword density, etc.
- Make sure each content must be unique and at least has a length of 600-700 words.
- Have a competitive evaluation of the web contents against contents in competitor sites.
- Make sure that the site loads in seconds and there is no redirect link or broken link.
2. Know About Your Users
For Google and all other search engines, user metrics are very important in determining search ranks of a website. So, you should know your users and accordingly provide your contents to make the site useful for them.
- Having knowledge about the interests of your users and what they consider as valuable will play a key role in retaining them.
- If your site caters to users of a particular location or interest, your contents must furnish deeper insights and relevant contents on them.
- Is your web interface is easily accessible and useful? Remember, ease of use and accessibility is a crucial consideration for user metrics.
3. Update and Upgrade From Time to Time
For Google quality user experience is a great consideration in ranking a website.
Whether your site has a B2C or B2B focus, the website design and corresponding UX matters a lot.
Now, what do you think? Is the design made once and for all? Certainly not, the website design actually matures over time with several updates and upgrades. It is about perfecting things every now and then.
Your website can lose domain authority, page authority, trust, search rankings, and suffer terribly in slow business conversion if it gives an outdated look and feels.
Without perfecting things and tuning the design from time to time you cannot hold back what you have achieved so far.
YOUR VIDEO PRODUCTION PARTNER: #thevideocompany is an independent filmmaker strive to create, design and produce quality content to better engage consumers in an interactive lifestyle, upholding client's brand and marketing interest. Collectively we have more than 10 years of experience in visual-motion production and content marketing experience. We are marketers ourselves, hence we strategize our content production to meet brands identity and goals. We had serve clients from the MNC's, Government, SME's across various industry.
Feel free to drop us an email your ideas, objective and budget you have in mind. We talk over coffee :) Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Focus on Long Tail Queries
Until a few years ago, we used to focus on a very limited number of keywords and used to target users by using them in just a content of 500-word length.
Well, that kind of tactics is no longer effective as the web and in general search algorithm became more powerful than ever.
These days we focus more on queries than keywords and thus the long tail keywords are born.
- While keywords are generic and actually are devoid of any real intent, they are no longer effective from the users point of view. But, queries being just the opposite are more valued.
- Google values it and so you have to focus on long tail queries.
- Most top notch-content marketing campaigns depend heavily on the search queries showing a definite purpose. A long tail query is likely to show a purpose or intent more than the keywords. So focus on a set of queries in your content and try to answer them.
5. Make the Metadata Effective With Actionable Keywords
When someone arrives at your website you have the opportunity to engage them. But until they do not arrive, you have to persuade them in the search page, right? So, based on the search queries you should have
- Give time to find the most searched queries in your specialty and then optimize the metadata with those key phrases
- Make use of search friendly, relevant, and helpful phrases in the metadata.
- Do not do use too many keywords in the metadata.
- Make the title tags and meta descriptions relevant and compelling.
- Write in an engaging way with short sentences and bullet points.
6. Visual Content
Visual contents are assets if you only know how to use them.
To make your content successful in the search ranks you need to optimize text with highly relevant images and visual contents.
Actually, visual contents are popular because they make quick learning possible.
- When using visual contents always remember that quality is more important than quantity.
- Utilizing unique, detailed images are more effective than stock photos.
7. Get the Data That Matters
You have to keep track of your website visitors and users and keeping track of this user data matters a lot for improving your user experience.
Grab the below-mentioned information to know your users, use patterns, drawbacks in UX and other attributes.
- Number of people visit your website
- The source of your website traffic and which allows maximum conversion
- The type of digital marketing generating most traffic
- Categories and web pages that are most popular
- The number of visitors converted into business leads or actual customers
8. Socializing SEO
Finally, it is the social SEO that will play an effective role to boost the presence of your local business.
Distinctly in two ways business data being shared within the organization, affiliates and with the community can have truly a positive impact on SEO.
- Socializing the knowledge sharing process to let all teams remain up-to-date with the latest knowledge.
- Integrating new knowledge, technical know-how and expertise available through the social channels.
- To conclude with, user experience still sits at the top of priorities for small business SEO. Besides making the basics of SEO correct, you should focus primarily on making the user experience more rewarding.
Say Hello To Video That Talk To Your Customers
Enuff of SEO stuffs! Now, you want to look at video that talks to your customers - indeed this is one of the best assets you have that can be planted in your website, social media and your facebook advertising campaigns. Let us know your objective of your video, be it Corporate Video, TV Commercials, Product Launch Video, Explainer Video or even Social Media Videos, let our expert help you craft and produced a high quality and engaging video. Hit us now at email@example.com