In an age of information overload, it's easy for your marketing message to get lost in the noise. One of the best ways to get your content noticed is by telling compelling stories.
LookBookHQ, a content-marketing company, has examined the elements of effective storytelling in marketing. Some of their findings include:
1. Show, don't tell. According to their research, press releases that contain multimedia get 77 percent more responses than those with just text.
2. Make information easy to digest. Their data shows that most people (79 percent) scan online content rather than reading it word for word.
3. Write catchy headlines. Since people scan content, you need to draw them in quickly with headlines that will make them want to read more.
4. Make your stories personal. Consumers receive thousands of run-of-the-mill marketing messages. Personal stories about real people stand out.
5. Package content. Videos, images, and text can get lost online if distributed separately, so package all the relevant aspects of your message together.
For more about how to effectively use storytelling to cut through the digital noise, take a look at the infographic below.
OUR SECRET IS NO SECRET